Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Best Birthday ever!!!

No other way I'd rather spend it. My Birthday that is. When i woke up this morning I knew it was going to be awesome and it was. The first person to greet me was Riley and in his own way was wishing me a happy birthday. Next came Cameron, he had a different greeting. He was crying when he came into the room. I asked him why he was crying and he said that Mommy was being mean to him. After a little research, the real reason he was crying was because he wanted to surprise me with a birthday cake when i woke up. What a sweet boy.

My wife made me some biscuits with apple butter and fresh coffee, which are my favorite things to have in the morning. After that she had me open my cards and gifts from her and the boys. Everything thing that i got was awesome. After opening gifts we got dressed and went to join some of our peeps from church to go on a prayer walk.

The prayer walk was awesome, i had a chance to partner with my friend Phil Shepard. Phil is a real GODLY dude so i knew GOD was going to bless out time together. As Phil and I were walking i received an email from my friend Becky P and a text message from my other friend Jerry Ring with birthday greetings. That really blessed me. After the neighborhood walk our prayer group drove over to our possible location of the church and prayed there, that time was AMAZING and really powerful.

After that we had lunch with Lee, Carla and Carlee. That is always fun times especially with Carlee around. She's always good for a laugh.

After Lunch, Lauren and I went to her softball practice, I'm sure she'll post about it soon. My wife is an amazing athlete. I loved watching her because i know that she enjoys it and whatever she enjoys makes me really happy.

After practice we came home and much to my surprise my nieces who are here visiting from San Diego made me dinner and a birthday cake. I told you they were awesome!

Of all the activities of the day, my favorite part was after dinner. I spent some time with my boys, jumping, wrestling and roughin each other up. Here's what got me..As i was playing with them i realized that these are the best gifts that i could ever EVER get, and if all i were to get for the rest of my life on my birthday was time with my sons, those would be the best birthdays ever. Thanks Cam and Ri for making the happiest Dad in the world. I love you!!

Steve

2 comments:

TK said...

It's still your birthday here on the west coast so this is officially not belated....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We are so glad you had such a great day.
Love,
Rod and Tara

Becky said...

I'm so glad you had a Happy Birthday! It sounds very full and fulfilling.
Love, Beck