Sunday, February 24, 2008

Because of you..(Not a Kelly Clarkson song)

Every now and then when I'm driving a song comes on the radio that reminds me of certain things, places and people. "I believe i can fly" came on and i was reminded of all of my friends who helped shaped me into who i am today. So if you were to ask me who my top ten influences would be, they would look like this.

10. Rob Beatty - We have been friends for almost 13 years now and he has never failed to show me what a humble heart looks like.
9. Russ Kusumoto - If i could mirror the way he cares about others, i would be a better person.
8. Mike Burns - Talk about someone who has his ducks in a row, he is an amazing man of God and believes the best of everyone.
7. Daryl Holmes - Probably the hardest working man i know, his work ethic is crazy and yet he still makes time to be Husband, Dad, Grandpa and my father in law.
6. Nanette Ayers - She is deeply gifted and what i take away from her is her servanthood and willing to stay behind the curtain while doing it. Simply Amazing.
5. Junior Faiai - A great and example of perseverance.
4. Lauren Faiai - I'm learning everyday that my life without her would be tragic.
3. Jason Denison - He's a blonde haired, blue eyed Ghandi. The way he cares for the world is truly inspiring and something that i'm working on being a regular part of the way i live my life.
2. Rod Kaya - An AMAZING leader. One of my best friends. An inspiration of what it means to be a learner and stay a learner.
1. Suitulaga Faiai - All of the above in one person, i'm a little biased because he's my dad, but if there is anyone that i would want my life to mirror it would be his.

There are so many others and my list can go on and on. All that to say if you're reading this, you've made an impact in my life too! Thanks! We all have lists of people who have shaped us to be who we are today, take some time to honor them and pray for them.

Blessings,
Steve

No comments: