Monday, February 11, 2008

BBQ soo good... it make you want to slap yo' momma

Really it's that good. Of course, I wouldn't dare slap my momma because she'd slap me right back and her hands are a bit heavier than mine so hers would hurt more. Anyhow like in the previous post, I mentioned my nieces were here for a month. This past Saturday we went on a date night and took advantage of our free babysitting. (Thank God for Karla and Malae!) Because we don't know Raleigh very well, we invited our friends Craig and Kara to come along with us on a double date night.

Earlier that day Lauren, Kara, and Diane (Kara's mother in law who I'm praying about asking to adopt me and have her become my East Coast mom) went on a short road trip. They scoped out yard sales, cool shops, and gave Lauren their own tour of Raleigh. While they were in downtown Raleigh, they decided to check out a restaurant called "The Pit". When they got there they realized that it was closed for lunch on the weekends and was only open for dinner. So that evening we called the Craig and Kara and went to "The Pit" for dinner. IT WAS FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! It was the best BBQ I've ever had in my life. The atmosphere was hip and cutting edge. The service was o.k. But the best part of the evening wasn't the food, It was meeting The famous Ed Mitchell. Ed is the Pitmaster and the owner of the restaurant. He came to our table to meet us and talk with us for a few minutes, it was like I was meeting a celebrity! As we were waiting for dessert, Lauren and I decided that we would go and hunt Ed down for a picture and he obliged us with our request.



Lauren had gone back to the table while Ed and I talked a little bit, I told him that I was from Samoa and he said "Our hogs ain't got nothing on yours". I took that as a compliment and felt a little pride because if there is one thing that my people can do.. It's cook! So we got to talking about why I was here and I told him that I was here planting a church in the triangle area with some friends. He handed me his card and cell phone number, and told me to call him because he wants to come check it out!

Before we left the pit we made reservations to go back for Valentine's Day. Except we've got special seating arrangements this time, Ed Mitchell invited us to sit with him at the counter where we'll have front row seats to watch the Legendary Pitmaster do what he does best... Make you want to slap yo momma!



Peace!

No comments: