Monday, February 18, 2008

For I Am Convinced

It's Monday afternoon and I'm sitting here on our big comfy couch staring outside my window taking in the beauty of a clear blue sky. I'm reflecting on the service we had at Church At The Triangle last night. Last night was one of those huge ONLY GOD moments for us as a church. Many times in the service last night I found myself teary eyed and unworthy to be serving such an awesome GOD. Lee shared some vision stuff with us that really fired me up and as i looked around the room i saw heads nodding with agreement.

Last night was one of those nights that reminded me of GODS passion for us. It reminded of the responsibility that I have to take my calling seriously. I walked away thinking of a new song on the Passion album called "God of the city" by sung by Chris Tomlin and when I got home I journaled this prayer:

"God would you use me to do great things. Help me God, in ALL that I say and do to point people towards you. God, I am convinced now more than ever that greater things have yet to come in this city, in our nation, on this earth. I am convinced now more than ever that people that are broken need healing. I am convinced now more than ever that people that are hurting need hope, that people who are lost without purpose need to know that there is a God who loves them and wants whats best for them. I am convinced now more than ever that "Unity" happens when one experiences true "Community". God I no longer want to see this world deny that everything living and breathing is a gift from you. So GOD please use me in spite of my iniquities to further Your Kingdom"

Have you ever wondered in this next chapter of church, what will we write?, how will we be remembered? What will our children say about our church history? I don't know, just some things to ponder....

Peace

Oh by the way check out the song, I promise it'll inspire you! I found a video on youtube with the song on it. Not sure who made the video, but I wanted to use it so you could hear the song.

2 comments:

TK said...

Great post Steve. I'm planning on reading over it again when I have more time to ponder...

berrytribe said...

So glad to hear your "voice" again on your blog, especially now that you aren't just around the corner anymore. Sounds like God is doing neat things through you and in you. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Excited for you, but know that you are missed here! :)--shan