Sunday, March 25, 2007

Proud Daddy Moment

Yesterday our family spent a few hours at a birthday party in honor of Ethan Denison who just turned three. In our household it was pretty much the buzz for a few days for my son Cameron. He said he couldn't wait to go to Ethan's birthday party and have cake and see all of his friends. If there is one thing he LOVES to do, it's hang out with his friends (like father, like son) I guess.

Our morning started off a little rough, Lauren and i had a little tiff, mostly my fault for being an insensitive husband. One of the things that i hate the most about arguing is that sometimes you're unaware that you're doing it in front of your kids.

But kids and i mean ALL KIDS believe it or not have this special gift from GOD that can change a sour situation into one of sweet memories.

Like Today....

We arrive at the park and the excitement of Cameron being with his friends is overflowing with a huge smile as i'm getting him out of his seat. We grab a couple of things, his tricycle and Ethan's present. As we get there Cameron insists on riding his tricycle down to the party with the gift in the bucket of his tricycle. We're greeted by the welcoming committee (Marissa, Maddie, Hailey and Ella).

Now here's the "Proud Daddy" moment . Cam's peddling as fast as he can and he sees Ethan in sight and shouts "ETHAN, I'VE GOT YOU A BIRTHDAY PRESENT"!!! He rides his tricycle right up to Ethan and hops off of it and grabs the gift and hands it to Ethan and says "Happy Birthday Ethan" and gives him a hug. Now how can you not LOVE that! I had to look away from everyone because tears started to well up as my heart was bursting with joy. I kept thinking to myself my son may love "Community" just as much as i do. The kid loves his friends and he loves people in general. My prayer is that i can continue to grow him and encourage him in this love.

It's so weird how GOD wires our children to do the craziest and most memorable and lovable things to refocus and redirect our attention on HIM!

I LOVE being a DAD!

3 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

And you're a REALLY GREAT daddy! Everyday I wonder... "will today be the day when my sweet boy turns into a little terror?"
Thanks for the reminder that I need to focus on who our Cameron is NOW...not what he MIGHT turn into in a year! I love you.

TK said...

Wow you could not have told him to act any sweeter. It's true Cameron has never failed to give a hug or encouraging word and not because it's forced it's clearly what his heart is all about!

Kara said...

I have had many of those tearful moments that no one except you quite feels the love and pride and it usually is something simple and sweet like that. Cameron will definately bring many more moments like that for you.