Thursday, June 21, 2007

"DH"

My last post was about my father who watched me grow up and graduate. He was there when i gave my life to the Lord and we shared such great memories. I am who i am because of what he was to me and i'm FOREVER grateful. Now that he has gone to be with the Lord there has been someone else who has stepped into that role.

In baseball, the letters "DH" stand for Designated Hitter. It's a player called upon to hit in replacement of another player. In this case, at least for me anyway, they stand for Daryl Holmes. In 2003 i married into a great family and Lauren's dad has somewhat become mine too. He was there to see me marry his daughter. He was there to experience the births of his two grandsons and i'm pretty sure he'll be around to see many more defining moments happen in my life.

So as a Post Father's Day tribute, this is to you Dad. Thanks for loving the Faiai's like you do. Thanks for loving Mom the way you do and for being an example of what an unselfish husband looks like. You are one of the hardest working people i know and yet you still make time to give my boys your undivided attention and they love it. Thanks for thinking of your family before yourself. These are just a few examples of why i'm so blessed to have you as my father in law. I praise God for you and as i continue to watch and learn, i pray that i will someday be able to pass my learnings to my sons.

Way to step up to the plate!

2 comments:

TK said...

Steve this is going to melt your wifes heart not to mention your in laws.

TK said...

one more thing I think this might be my favorite post of yours so far. Excellent job.