Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My boy, CRAIG

In my lifetime I've only moved a few times, but never has it ever been this involved and extensive. We are finally getting settled in with help from a few friends. It's amazing how "community" has come to life here. We've only been here for about a month and we've connected with so many new friends and met people who are just selfless and willing to go the extra mile for and with us. We've been so fortunate and blessed that GOD would cross our paths with such awesome people.

Part of getting settled into a new place especially clear across the country means starting fresh and new or used. For the past few days Lauren and I have been racking our brains trying to find cheap furniture on line and there's no better place than... Yep you guessed it Craig's List. So far we've scored on a sweet couch and an amazing looking dining table and today we just scored on a $3000.00 Sealy Posturepedic Pillowtop bed for 300.00 bucks. We've got a few more things that we need to get to kind of complete our place and for the first time call it "HOME"

As some of you may know, part of the Craig's List process is usually meeting the "seller" and checking the item out before buying it. Well, today after I landed the deal with the bed, I went to pay for it and met the owner, John. If you know me, I'm all about getting to know people and meeting new friends. When i got to John's house he showed me the bed and then we got to talking about why I left San Diego to come to Raleigh. I shared with him the vision of CATT, and he was amazed that I moved this far to be a part of something like starting a church. So then we got to talking about what he did and he shared with me that he was a film producer and frequents California a lot, mainly Hollywood. Turns out this guy is BIG TIME in the film industry. We got to talking about music and he shared that he was a musician too. So long story short, not only did we score on an amazing bed but we possibly might have landed a new invaluable friendship.

Last night we had our friends Craig and Kara over and we talked about life stuff. One of the things that we said we wish we would do more is "CELEBRATE". Celebrate anything and everything.

Tonight I celebrate the fact that GOD can use a website like Craigslist to potentially win people for the KINGDOM.

Anyhow gotta go... looking for an entertainment center now.

Peace!

No comments: