Monday, April 21, 2008

An All Star....

It's been 4 months in Raleigh now and we're absolutely loving our new life. Being so far away from all that we've ever known (San Diego). God has been blessing us with new relationships. Both Lauren and I love people and both agree that life is to be done with people. As many of you know she is playing softball and having a blast doing it too.

Last week, Cameron and I went to see her first game. It's a lot different than the league we used to play with in San Diego, they're a lot more serious about their softball here. Because she's soo competitive she does whatever it takes to win even if it means scraping both knees playing defense.


Yeah she scraped her knees and they're killing her. O.K. this may sound mean but as she's hurting, I'm proud.

Let me explain.

I'm glad that I have a wife who is competitive and does whatever it takes to win. She works hard and it shows and will prove to be worthwhile in the long run. She had batting practice yesterday and as I sat there watching I could tell that her team really finds value in her being on the team. And that's what makes me proud. I honestly have to admit that I wasn't too fond of her playing on this team because they weren't Christians but she insisted that it would be O.K. and it has been AWESOME for her.

Every athlete gets sore and every once in a while needs a good massage so i think that my wife deserves one. Not only for being a great athlete, but for being an awesome mom and wife! An all star in more ways than one! I love you babe and your boys (all three of us) are cheering you on!

2 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Thanks babe, for the massage certificate, the kind words, but most of all... Thanks for the GREAT picture of my legs for the entire world wide web to enjoy!

bub said...

Wow! So I was reading Ed's blog and then I found Lauren's blog which led me to your blog. We didn't know that you guys moved, just figured that you were at the service we weren't going to. Anyways, you don't know me but my wife and I enjoyed your guy's worship so much, it is truly missed. You and Jason and the other members of the worship team were the first things that really opened my mind up maybe letting God back into it. For that, I'm truly grateful. God bless you and your family and I'll be keeping up with your's and Lauren's blog to continue to see how God blesses your family. Take care, bub