Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What ever happened to GOOD music...

I've been scouring YOUTUBE in search of videos featuring probably my favorite singer of all time, Eva Cassidy. Now I consider myself eclectic and I LOVE all types of music, but what I find myself listening to the most is folk and jazz. I know some of you probably would've guessed Tupac or 50 cent. I have moments when I listen to those guys too, but there's just something about the sulky sound of smooth jazz and the simplicity of folk that draws me to those specific genres. I stumbled upon Eva Cassidy while doing a Google search for Norah Jones. I found that they were signed by the same record label and have a similar sound and style. I also found out that in 1996 Eva Cassidy (33) lost a battle to cancer and passed. I don't know if Eva had a relationship with GOD and don't know anything about her spiritual life. What i do know is that GOD gave us Eva to grace us with pure music. In a time where the music business is more interested in your look than your talent, there's a hunger for PURE music and she has been my favorite example of that.

There are a couple of YOUTUBE videos of her singing at some of her last shows that you should really check out. I watch those videos to re-up my passion and love for music. Thanks to technology I'm just a few clicks away from listening to GOOD music.

Here's one of my favorite songs from Eva:

Peace!

No comments: