Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Reading List.

My friend, Rod recently came out with his first quarter reading list and as always comes up with an amazing one. What I appreciate about all of my years working alongside Rod was that he always challenged his team to be readers and self leaders. So I thought that I would share with you my own reading list that I'd like to finish by the end of summer. Here they are in order:

Launch - Nelson Searcy

Stripped - Jud Wilhite

Quiet Strength - Tony Dungy

Beautiful Boy - David Sheff

UnChristian - David Kinnaman

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day - Mark Batterson

Followership - Barbara Kellerman

Strengths Finder - Tom Rath

Fired up or Burned Out - Michael Stallard

I LOVE how GOD uses great authors and thinkers like the ones listed above to challenge me in my life as a leader, husband and father. I just recently invested in a Barnes and Noble discount card and it has increased my desire to read more.

As my family and I embark upon this journey in starting a church, there is a "must" in staying sharp, fresh and inspired. Thanks Rod for the challenge in being a self leader.

4 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

I love you, Baby!! You are indeed the man of my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TK said...

Hey Steve. It was great to see Lauren last week it would have been even better if the fabulous Faiai foursome was there. We are so glad things are going well in NC and will continue to pray for y'all!!

TK said...

Hey Steve. It was great to see Lauren last week it would have been even better if the fabulous Faiai foursome was there. We are so glad things are going well in NC and will continue to pray for y'all!!

Unknown said...

Steve - thanks for the shout out to Launch. I hope you find it helpful!

I have a bunch of stuff I give away to church planters. It's all here:

http://www.churchleaderinsights.com/resources/church_planters.php

Thanks of what you are doing! Let me know if there's any way I can help!

Nelson

www.ChurchLeaderInsights.com

Nelson Searcy, Lead Pastor
The Journey Church of the City
One Church: Three Locations: Six Services
www.JourneyMetro.com