Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fast and the furious...

Cool title, however I'm not referring to the movie. My wife and I are going to embark upon a one week Daniel fast inspired by our great friends Rod and Tara Kaya. I honestly have to say that i'm pretty excited about it, and if you know me, giving up opportunities to eat meat for fruits and vegetables is out of the ordinary. Fasting is one spiritual discipline I really want to increase in my journey with God.

I LOVE food and my wife knows it and my family and friends know it, but I love GOD more and i really want to rely on him to fill me. If there is anything that i want people to know me for would be my love for GOD.

Yesterday my wife and I went shopping. Lauren had success with a few things, I on the other hand struggled soo much with trying to find something to wear or something that would look good on me. It felt like everything i tried on made me feel fat and gross. I hate those feelings because they lead to other thoughts that are unhealthy.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that in this fast God would reveal more of himself to us. I'm also hoping to really grow in knowledge of eating healthier, for the sake my family and my soul.

1 comment:

TK said...

I'm so glad you're doing this. I told Rod last week while we were fasting trying to come up with the 5th creative way to cook spinach that you would be good at this. I can see you having fun with it and preparing a creative vegetable dish. Maybe Giada could help you but I'm not sure about Paula.