Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cameron crazie.....


Last week today we had to take Cameron to urgent care because he was showing signs of an ear infection. We get there only to find out that both of his ears were infected. Anyhow they sent us home with some antibiotics that he has to take twice for 10 days straight. The first day was like pulling teeth giving him his medicine, but that didn't last long. He quickly realized that his medicine is bubble gum flavored. Now he loves it and wants to take it all by himself with no help from mommy and daddy. After he's done he ends his ordeal with a high five to both Lauren and I, jumping around yelling "I did it Daddy, i did it" and then i respond with "Good job son, I'm soo proud of you."

This past Sunday i lead worship in Encounter our high school ministry. Our babysitter had canceled on us that morning so we took the boys to church with us. Lauren was singing in the worship center that morning so she took Riley with her and i took Cameron.

I get Cameron situated with a donut and milk so that i can sound check with the band, Cameron macks his donut while Dad tries to warm up vocally. Twenty minutes later sound check is over and i go to sit by Cameron and he greets me with (donut crumbs on his mouth) with a huge hug and says "Good job Daddy, I'm so proud of you." That absolutely melted my heart. I felt like the best Dad in the world at that moment.

Lately I've been struggling and wrestling God for clarity with these two questions "Am i doing what I'm suppose to be doing with my life?", and "Is this worth it?" This past Sunday morning I think i got my answer. Not with a burning bush or some bright star in the sky, but a two year old handsome little messenger boy with crumbs on his mouth.

Priceless...Thanks GOD!!

3 comments:

TK said...

I need some Cameron crazies in my day. He is the best!

I'm glad you guys took him in and he was treated. I was up with my mom last night at 2 am as she screamed in pain, dizziness and nausea. Turns out she busted her ear drum. I guess this can happen if you don't treat an ear infection.

berrytribe said...

if only we listened to those little people more. I think God speaks through them more than we think! Keep on keeping on, my friend!!

Kara said...

I think you are definately doing what you are supposed to be doing since it isn't just Cameron who is blessed by your singing.

Also can he come over and teach Haley and Ella how to take medicine?