Saturday, January 27, 2007

We've only just begun......or I've just begun.

Well, it's over. My fast has come to an end. Though the fast may be over, the lessons i learned from this week have just begun. I honestly have to say that it was hard the first few days but it turned out alright and very beneficial to my soul and to the waistline. (at least i like to think it was) My friend Tara thinks so too (but i think she's just saying that). Anyhow the fast went great, my wife was such huge support and when i felt like giving in she was there to talk me out of it. I'm not a huge vegetable or salad fan, but this week, when it's the only thing that you can really eat, you can't help but become a fan of it. We became creative with our veggies and didn't eat much salad just a whole lot of spinach. Overall it was a great experience and another great way to worship GOD.

I'm going to incorporate more of these faith building, heart checking and soul refreshing moments into my journey with him this year.

I've started to do another thing that i hate to do, yes you guessed it "exercise" Although i have to honestly say that this is another thing that i don't love but it's growing on me. I've been doing some running/walking at Lake Murray these past few weeks and it's starting to feel really good. Today i busted loose with a whopping 6 miles. I'm pretty stoked about it, i always go into "exercise" mode and get discouraged really easy. Not this time, because when i start to love it, it's all systems go from here on out. I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Before i go i want to clarify something, I'm not at the crazy point yet where my friend Becky is, but i sure hope to get there.

3 comments:

TK said...

I'm so glad to be the first one to post on this because I want to be the first one to say WAY TO GO STEVE! What's great is you're not just muddling though your embracing it and truly making it enhance your life.

Umm by the way ask my husband, mom and sister I don't just dish out compliments unless I truly mean them. Yes I was looking at you to see if you looked like you lost weight but if I didn't think so I would not have said anything. Rod agrees with me too.

Lastly thanks again for the awesome lunch today. I was thinking maybe you could give me some cooking lessons??? I know some of my park friends don't pride themselves on their cooking so maybe we could have a session???Healthy style of coarse. You could charge a reasonable flat rate and voila! Hey maybe you could even set up a cooking blog...oh my gosh I have your whole life planned out for you.

Kara said...

I thought you lost weight too but as I was forcing shakes on you I didn't want to bring it up! Hopefully your determination to exercise will rub off on me otherwise this extra baby weight is going to take over. Thanks for hanging out today.

Becky said...

I am so excited for you. I feels good doesn't it? I agree with Tara on the cooking lesson thing. I am for sure one of the cooking challenged group. You do look good. By the way, I don't think I'm crazy. I'm just a normal person who discovered that I like something I didn't know I would like. Keep it up, Steve, those endorphins are crazy!