Monday, February 12, 2007

Refreshing....

Yesterday was a pretty rough one for me, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It was one of those days that i wanted to go away as soon as the morning started. I never could get myself rolling, I was kind of a grump the whole day. I felt soo yucky and for being the guy who absolutely LOVES community and people, i did not want to be seen in public or talk to anyone.

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. Mid-afternoon I realized that i had to get out and do some soul searching. I decided to take a drive and ask God to lead me to the place where he felt i needed to go to collect my thoughts. He lead me to my Father's burial site. This past January marked the ten year anniversary since he passed, wow it honestly feels like it just yesterday. Anyways I pull up to Greenwood mortuary and there were quite a few people paying respects to there loved ones. When i arrived to his stone, i started to weep and weep for about a good half hour. I talked a little about how i missed him and how i wish he was here to play with my boys and speak his broken english to my lovely wife. I tried to catch him up on all of things that he was missing.

After being there an hour and half i realized why God lead me there. One: was to cry and to release all of the things that were causing my soul and my heart to callous. It's amazing how refreshing it is to cry, there is a sense of relief and a sweet aroma of God's grace in crying. The second reason i was there was to be reminded of the legacy he left behind. I sat there and found myself laughing and crying conversing with a man who's been dead for 10 years. Crazy huh?!

Anyhow i'm sitting here with my calendar and purposefully making dates with my "Pops" to cry and laugh more. Did i forget to mention that he's a good listener too!

Tofa.

5 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

GREAT POST, SWEET LOVE.

...just an FYI for all of you who don't speak Samoan..."Tofa" means "goodbye"! Just thought I'd clarify.

Kara said...

So if you quit blogging how are we going to share sweet moments of your life like this with you?

TK said...

Yes I liked your post Steve but what is this I read in Kara's comment....you're thinking about quitting??? Please don't. Even if you only post once in awhile I'm always blessed by your writings. This blog can actually serve as a legacy for Cameron and Riley. Please reconsider.

Lauren Faiai said...

TARA - You're being a little OVER "B.D." (Becky Dramatic). A LEGACY??? Come on...

Becky said...

I'm so glad you didn't do a sign-off blog. This is the only place where I get that extra insight as to what makes you tick.