Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Remembering Bob

A few days ago i had a chance to go to a Reggae festival where bands paid homage to the legendary pioneer of reggae music Mr.Bob Marley. I'm a HUGE Marley fan, always have been, ever since i was a little kid I was bobbing my head to his music. He's a total legend. Nowadays reggae music other than Bob's stuff is just o.k. for me. Songs these days dont seem to have the conviction and depth that Bob had and wrote about.

As some of you may know (like my wife and her ghetto KB park crew) when you're high you get the munchies and you want to snack and grub on anything that's edible. I have never experienced that but have heard a whole bunch of stories from the wife. That night i saw with my own two eyes what an impact a plant can make on one's judgment.

I was not only there for the festival though, i was there to help my friends Chad and Kara out with the apple carts that they have at the IPayone center. I had a blast! I made new friends and learned how to slice apples with the best of them. I also learned how to dip cheesecake and bananas. Anyways back to the impact of the plant, Chad was running back and forth from cart to cart and while he was gone Veronica (new friend) and I were working and a guy came up to our cart hazed eyes and all. He ordered a "KILLER" but he wanted it sliced, so we hooked him up. Here's how jacked up he was, a killer is five bucks and he gave me a hundy (slang for Hundred dollar bill) i went to get him his change and turned back around and he was walking away. Now a few thoughts ran through my head... should i just let him go and hook my friends Chad and Kara up with a huge tip or should i chase him down and give him his change. I thought about it for about 10 seconds and then ran after him. It was the right thing to do.

Thanks to my friend Chad I had a chance to be a good citizen, good employee and a good example for all of the Rastafarians to see. I also had a headache going into that evening but thanks to all of the burning bushes in the building i may be healed forever.

Long live BOB!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for helping Steve. We couldn't have done it without you. I was hoping you would get to experience the whole event a little bit more than just helping us but there is always next year!

Becky said...

Steve, I have no idea what the munchies feel like as in pot induced, but I do get them regularly. I think it's super cool you did that. Should we be offended that you said the park crew is ghetto?

TK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TK said...

Oops sorry about that deletion. I'll explain later. When I was living in PB my girlfriend and I used to play One Love ALL THE TIME. I think part of me actually thought the song was spiritual because of the lyrics "give thanks and praise to the Lord". Oh memories. Anyways good story. I kind of feel like listening to him right now.