Friday, October 20, 2006

Ladies night out.....


Tonight my wife and some of her park friends went out to celebrate her and one of the other gals birthdays. I got to hang out with my boys which i absolutely LOVE and cherish. I really dig it when she hangs out with her friends from the "Park" they seem to have a good time everytime they're together. I really appreciate them and love them for that.

Around here, at least in our home we celebrate birthdays more than the actual day, it's more like "Happy Birthmonth" or "Happy Birthweek" It's always tough around my wifes birthday because she's not very picky and she likes all sorts of things and I never really know what to get her. This year was a "here's some money, go and get what you want" kind of year. Which was easy and effortless but really bummed me out because i always feel like a jerk afterwards because it didn't have a memorable or sentimental tie to her birthday. So i thought that the only other way that i can express my love and appreciation of her was to blog about her and the top ten things i love about her.

Let's get it started:

10. She loves my Soy sauce chicken ( I have to admit, it is pretty dang good....thanks to KIkkoman)
9. She loves music and loves to write and sing songs. (How cool is that to have a wife who serenades you, lucky me)
8. She watches sportscenter with me (yeah, you heard me SPORTSCENTER)
7. We love the same t.v. shows like "Lost" and "The nine".
6. She loves our families.
5. She writes really good blogs.
4. I love the fact that she makes me better and strives to see me be the best at what God has called me to be.
3. I love watching her with my boys, singing songs with them and singing songs about them.
2. I love our intimate times together where we hug each other and cuddle on the couch to watch her absolute favorite show "Judge Judy"
1. I love that she loves me unconditionally and in between the seasons that we go through she remains constant.

I was doing a little cleaning around the house today and came across letters that we used to write each other. Two shoe boxes full of cards and letters. There were moments in reading some of them, i found myself getting teary eyed because of the dreams of being together and sharing our life and love forever, was no longer just in those letters, but a dream that we're living out now. I can't believe that God has blessed me with such beautiful and passionate wife and mom to grow old with. I would write a song about growing old with her but my buddy Adam beat me to the punch!

Oute alofa ia te oe!

3 comments:

TK said...

Great tribute Steve. Lauren should feel blessed!

Becky said...

So sweet you are, she deserves to be celebrated...even if she doesn't want anyone to know it's her birthday!

Kara said...

She did say at dinner that she didn't need gifts for her B-day because at whatever time if she wanted to buy something you would let her. I thought that was very sweet! I think you both are blessed!